Mastering The Rockefeller Habits by Verne Harnish
Why Read It?
This book is essential reading for a growing business, full of practical tips, advice and real business examples. It is about strategy and setting your business apart from the others. While some examples are of larger companies the principles also apply to smaller businesses and start-ups. It outlines a framework for implementing an organisation’s strategies and plans.
What You Will Learn...
Harnish maintains Rockefeller’s three main principles were:
- Set Priorities – what is critical to achieve in the next 90 days? Choose the top 5 and then which is number one. Focus your team around this priority.
- Have the Right Data – having all the data and information will not only let you manage your business, but also monitor your top 5 priorities. What is measured happens!
- Work to a Rhythm – ensure you have effective daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual meeting structures with clear goal setting and measurable outcomes.
The book also lays out an approach to planning and in particular, a one page plan template. The value in this book lies in the guidelines on evaluating the critical things you need to deliver in the next 90 days and developing a focus on what is critical to deliver right now.
Click HERE to download the full edition of The Business Accelerator Magazine for September 2014.
Other articles in this edition:
- Looking To Build A Winning Website?
- Video Killed The Radio Star... But Can Grow Your Business
- Business Start Up Corner - Funding Your New Business Venture
- Is Your Business Ready To Explode?
- Marketing - InHouse or Offshore?
- This Way Out
- What Type Of Business Owner Are You?
- There's An App For That